- About DV
- Matching a DV Camcorder to Your Shooting Style
- Access to Controls
- Camcorder Resolution and Picture Quality
- What Are NTSC/PAL/SECAM Broadcast Formats?
- What Do You Need to Know About Scanning Modes?
- Do You Need Automatic Camcorder Controls?
- Optical vs. Digital Zoom
- Audio Options
- Getting DV into Your Computer
- Your Mission
Now that we've told you all about what goes on inside a camcorder, you know enough to be dangerous—especially if you've read Appendix A. You can see right through spec sheets and make high-powered salespeople sweat.
Is there more to learn? Absolutely. We can't tell you whether the camcorder you just saw advertised on special or gleaming in the store window offers the best value for your money and for your particular project.
But now you know how to find out, so go ahead and make 'em sweat!