Adding a Favorite
As you begin to work more with Audition, you may find yourself applying the same effects repeatedly. Saving effects as favorites allows you to name and access your effects in a central location. You can even assign keyboard shortcuts to access commonly used effects.
- In the Edit View, click on the Favorites tab to bring the Favorites panel forward. If the Favorites tab is not visible, choose Window > Favorites to make it visible. Click the Edit Favorites button at the bottom of the Favorites panel. The Favorites window appears. Audition comes installed with certain favorites, such as Fade In and Fade Out.
- Click the New button, and in the Name field, enter Pan Left to Right Smooth. In the Press New Shortcut Key field type the letter D.
- In the Function tab, click the Audition Effect drop-down menu. A list of the effects available in Edit View appears. Choose Amplitude\Stereo Field Rotate (process).
- To ensure that the effect you are saving is the one you want, click the Edit Settings button. The Stereo Field Rotate window appears. Click to select the Pan Left to Right Smooth preset that you saved in the previous section, and click OK. Click the Save button and the favorite appears at the bottom of the Favorites list.
- In the Favorites window, click the Up button to move your favorite to the top of the list of favorites. Click the Close button.
- Click the Files tab to access your list of files. Double-click on the SmackFunkDrm18 .cel file to display the waveform. Click to select the waveform, then press the letter D to apply the Stereo Field Rotate effect. You may need to wait a few moments as Audition calculates and applies the changes. When the waveform changes, the effect has been applied. Press the spacebar to hear the effect.
- Choose File > Save As. If necessary, navigate to the AA_03 folder on your hard disk. Rename this file SmackFunkDrm_pan.cel and click Save.
- Press F12 to enter Multitrack View. When working in Edit View, the Multitrack View is also open and all edits made in Edit View are automatically updated. Press the Home key and then press the Play button to hear the session. Pay particular attention to the stereo effect of the first drum clip, as well as when the tambourine begins. The stereo field changes you made have been incorporated into the main mix.
- Choose File > Save Session and then choose File > Close All.