Gadgets and Digital Lifestyle
- By Peachpit Press
- Jul 7, 2006
This chapter is from the book
- Which of the following steps should you take before escalating an issue? (Choose all that apply.)
- Verify the issue.
- Perform a split-half search.
- Verify the repair.
- Try quick fixes.
- A customer has just brought in an iMac that is not working. Which of the following questions would be the most helpful to
- What is the serial number?
- What seems to be the issue?
- Have you had this issue before?
- Where do you use this computer?
- Which of the following repair actions is a quick fix? (Choose all that apply.)
- Checking cable connections
- Running Apple Service Diagnostic
- Reinstalling system software
- Turning the system off and on
- What are the three characteristics of a quick fix?
- Can be performed quickly.
- Involves little or no risk of harm to the system.
- Has little or no cost.
- Uses Apple-approved third-party diagnostics.
- You cannot start up an iMac. What two things do you need to check first?
- Power supply and power board
- Internal cabling and board seating
- Power outlet and power cord
- Keyboard and mouse
Chapter Test Answer Key
a, b, d
a, b, c