- Setting Selection Preferences
- Selecting Lines with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Fills with the Selection Tool
- Using a Selection Rectangle
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Deselecting Elements
- Repositioning Elements Manually
- Repositioning Elements Numerically
- Basic Editing Tasks: Cut, Copy, Paste
- Editing Existing Elements with Assistance
- Moving End Points with the Selection Tool
- Moving Points with the Subselection Tool
- Reshaping Curves with the Selection Tool
- Reshaping Curves with the Subselection Tool
- Converting, Removing, and Adding Points
- Reshaping Fills
- Changing the Size of Graphic Elements
- Reorienting Graphic Elements
- Distorting Graphic Elements
- Changing the Envelope of Selected Elements
- Modifying Strokes
- Using the Eraser Tool in Normal Mode
- Using the Faucet Modifier
- Modifying Fill Colors
- Creating Solid Colors: Color Mixer Panel
- Creating New Gradients
- Creating Color Sets
- Putting Gradients to Work
- Modifying Applied Gradients
- Applying Attributes of One Graphic Element to Another
- Converting Lines to Fills
Repositioning Elements Manually
If you aren't happy with the position of an element, you can always move it.
To reposition an element with the selection tool:
- Position the selection tool over the element you want to move. The element doesn't need to be selected, although it can be. The selection tool displays the selection icon as it hovers over the element.
- Click the element, and drag it to the desired location (
Figure 3.14 Use the selection tool to select and drag an element to a new location.
- Release the mouse button. The element is now selected and in its new location.
To reposition an element with the arrow keys:
- In the Toolbar, select the selection tool.
- Select the element you want to move.
- Use one of the four arrow keys on the keyboard to move the element in 1-pixel increments. The up-arrow key moves the element toward the top of the Stage. The down-arrow key moves the element toward the bottom of the Stage. The right-arrow key moves the element toward the right side of the Stage. The left-arrow key moves the element toward the left side of the Stage.