- What's New in Organize Mode
- Organize Tools Overview
- Changing the Display Pane's Layout
- Other Display Preferences
- Contextual Menu Shortcuts
- Moving Around in iPhoto
- Editing Film Rolls
- Creating and Modifying New Film Rolls
- Creating and Working with Folders
- Creating Albums
- Creating and Editing Smart Albums
- Smart Album Ideas
- Duplicating Sources
- Renaming and Rearranging Sources
- Deleting Sources
- Selecting Photos
- Adding Photos to Sources
- Removing Photos from Sources
- Sorting Photos
- Assigning Titles to Photos
- Assigning Comments to Photos
- Editing Photo Dates
- Assigning Ratings
- Managing Keywords
- Assigning and Removing Keywords
- Searching with the Keyword Pane
- Searching with the Search Field
- Searching with the Calendar Pane
- Viewing Photo Information
Throughout the rest of this chapter, I tell you to select photos before performing some task. I'm sure you have figured out the basic ways of selecting and deselecting images, but some others aren't so obvious.
Ways to select photos:
- Click a photo to select it.
- Click one photo to select it, hold down , and then click another photo to select it and all the intervening pictures.
- Click one photo to select it, hold down , and then click additional photos to add them to the selection individually.
- Click in an empty area of the display pane, then drag a selection rectangle over the photos you want to select (Figure 3.30). If you drag to the top or bottom of the display pane, iPhoto scrolls the pane and keeps selecting additional images.
Figure 3.30 To select multiple pictures by dragging, click in an empty area of the display pane, and then drag a selection rectangle over the desired photos.
- With the display pane active, choose Select All () from the Edit menu to select all the images in the current album.
- In the Library, use the View menu to make sure film rolls are showing, and then click a film roll separator to select all the images in that film roll. This works only in the Library because film rolls don't show in other albums.
Ways to deselect photos:
- To deselect one of several selected images, -click it.
- To deselect all photos, click in the empty area surrounding the photos or choose Select None from the Edit menu ().