Apple Training Series: iWork 09
In the only Apple-certified guide to iWork ’09, you’ll learn to create everything from first-rate business presentations and newsletters to effective budgets and event planners. Focused lessons take you step by step through all aspects of Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. The self-paced book/DVD combo uses real-life material and practical lessons that you can apply immediately to your own projects. You’ll learn to:
• Master the iWork suite of tools quickly through fun, real-world projects
• Design a Keynote presentation from storyboard to Web export
• Add animated charts and custom backgrounds to a presentation with ease
• Publish great-looking newsletters and brochures in print and on the Web
• Build a professional marketing package from scratch
• Create expense reports, track budgets, and plan special events
• Sort, organize, and chart data using sophisticated spreadsheet calculations
The Apple Training Series is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum of the Apple Training and Certification Program. To find out more about Apple Training, or to find an Authorized Training Center near you, go to www.apple.com/training.
40 of 40 people found the following review helpful
Excellent Training for iWork,
This review is from: Apple Training Series: iWork 09 (Paperback)I'm finding these PeachPit Press Apple Training Series books to be a great resource for learning the Apple Pro and Consumer software products. I've always looked at another product previously for more information on Apple software. Since learning Aperture 2 with Harrington's book, I decided to try iWork as well. I'm a newcomer to iWork and bought iWork for the first time. So, I needed instruction to bring me up to speed. This tutorial/project based resource was just the ticket for me. This book covers the basics very handily and goes into a few specific and outstanding features for each of the 3 programs. With Keynote, I was most impressed with one of the actions that animated a motorcycle to appear to 'drive' off the slide. What is amazing, is how simple this is implemented in Keynote. Pages had a few hidden features that Harrington's book pointed out. One was autoflowing text between text boxes and another connected objects with a connector line. Again, Apple's software... Read more
26 of 27 people found the following review helpful
Good but rates best for Keynote not as good for most users,
This review is from: Apple Training Series: iWork 09 (Paperback)The first 40% of Apple Training Series iWork '09 contains a wonderful set of tutorials and advice about creating great presentations. Richard Harrington, the author, is the owner of an award winning visual communications company. The result is reflected in the quality and content of the tutorials. The Apple Training Series is the official curriculum for the Apple Training and Certification Program. The subject of the tutorials and the accuracy of their presentation is as high as you would expect from Apple in their official training.
Each of the 16 lessons in Apple Training Series iWork '09 ends with open ended questions and their answers which provide valuable feedback about how well we have learned what was in that lesson, and a summary of some key information.
iWork is a well integrated program. Once you have learned to use Keynote you have learned much of what you will be using in Pages and in Numbers.
For those most interested in learning Keynote,... Read more
13 of 14 people found the following review helpful
Comes with a DVD-ROM with lesson and media files attached,
This review is from: Apple Training Series: iWork 09 (Paperback)This Apple-certified training guide packs in details on the iWork suite of tools, pairing real-world project examples with keys on how to design presentations, add animated charts and custom backgrounds, and publish on the Web using the iWork tools. Both business and computer libraries will relish a training workbook that comes with a DVD-ROM with lesson and media files attached, and tells how to use iWork to create professional, polished results.
› See all 26 customer reviews...
Table of Contents
Intro: Getting Started with the iWork Suite
CH 1 – Creating a Basic Presentation
CH 2 – Adding Images and Sound to Your Presentation
CH 3 – Adding Video and Animation
CH 4 – Building a Custom Theme
CH 5– Converting from PowerPoint & Working with Charts
CH 6 – Rehearsing and Delivering Your Presentation
CH 7 – Publishing Your Presentation
CH 8 – Word Processing
CH 9 – Building a Report
CH 10– Creating a Newsletter
CH 11 – Creating Promotional Materials
CH 12 – Creating Materials for the Classroom
CH 13 – Spreadsheet Essentials
CH 14 – Creating an Event Planner
CH 15 – Advanced Spreadsheet Operations
CH 16 – Advanced Charting Operations
Updates & Corrections
iWork.com Beta – Improvements
The iWork.com service continues to improve. Here are some changes Apple has made since the book was published.
- When the "iWork.com" button is clicked for the first time in an iWork application, you'll be taken through an email verification process. The email used is the one associated with your Apple ID. You'll need to verify your address before you can publish. This adds a layer of security to your documents.
- You can now require passwords to view documents. On the invite screen, just click the Advanced button to require a password. This also requires that you must notify your recipients separately (this prevents security issues that would arise from forwarding the invitation email).
- You can post a document to iWork.com without inviting guests. This works well to backup your file or move it online for your own use.
- You can now send an invitation without using Mac OS X mail.
iWork.com (Web) Website
- The login screen has been improved. You can now log in directly from www.iwork.com to access your shared documents.
- The Shared Documents page now includes preview thumbnails and basic information about your files. You can also sort by different options including Date, New Comments, and File Name.
- You can now receive notifications about new comments. You can choose to be notified when your published documents receive new comments from viewers. You set this preference on the Shared Documents page, and can be notified Immediately, Hourly, Daily, or Never.
- When viewing a published document there are new options for adding and show/hide comments, as well as printing.
- If you add an extra viewer to a published document, an email invitation is sent directly from iWork.com.
- + 128-bit SSL encryption protects all communication between iWork.com and publishers/viewers.
Book + eBook Bundle
Book Price $31.99
eBook Price $11.20
eBook formats included
This book is temporarily out of stock, but will ship for free when in stock.
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
This book is temporarily out of stock, but will ship for free when in stock.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Get unlimited online access to thousands of training resources on creative topics. You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.