- NEW - Content updates throughout—In particular sections on using the Internet in graphics, electronic drawings, and design sections.
- NEW - 100 New Drawing problems.
- NEW - New 4 color signature of key drawing techniques/illustrations.
- NEW - All drawings rechecked for accuracy and standards.
- NEW - Web Animations redone/improved/rekeyed to text. Web also contains 4 valuable reference chapters.
- NEW - Instructor System—Contains Instructor's Guide (hard copy and Word files), Testbank (hard copy and Word files), pdf files of art, PowerPoint slides, and AutoCAD files of solutions.
- NEW - Each new copy comes free with "Semester" SolidWorks 150 day license.
- NEW - Companion Website—Contains: Chapter Summaries; 37 animations keyed to sections/figures in the text. Animations are now in new large format Flash and Windows Media Player version; Edrawings—download these figures from the text to experiment with a new technology in engineering communication. Edrawings work with almost any computer and let you rotate, annotate, and see different views of solid models without any special software; Concept Questions—T/F, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions for each chapter that test concepts from the book; Essay review questions—answer questions from the book on-line and email to an instructor; Links—a robust links section on CAD and technical drawing; PowerPoint/PDF files of art from the text. You may also obtain a complete set of the Instructor's CD. Obtain this from your local PH rep or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; Reference chapters on Graphs, Alignment Charts, Empirical Equations, and Graphical Mathematics; Glossary of terms; and On-line Syllabus Builder.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 8" x 10"
- Pages: 816
- Edition: 8th
- ISBN-10: 0-13-141521-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-141521-8
The Eighth Edition of Engineering Graphics continues to offer the strongest coverage of basic graphics principles. Edition after edition, this text serves as the authoritative source on the subject. With this new edition, we have acted upon the requests of reviewers and survey respondents to improve certain aspects of this book while preserving its core presentation.
In particular, the new edition features:
- New Instructor System: Contains Instructor's Resource Guide in both hardcopy and MS Word files, 300 question concept testbank in hardcopy and in MS Word, pdf files of text art, MS PowerPoint slides of key figures, and AutoCAD files of solutions.
- www.prenhall.com/giesecke: Updated to contain over 35 large format, Flash and Windows Media Player animations of concepts keyed to sections/figures in the text, Self-Grading Concept QuestionsT/F, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions for each chapter, Essay Review Questions, Reference Chapters on Graphs, alignment Charts, Empirical Equations and Graphical Mathematics, Chapter Summaries and Objectives, Linksa robust links section on CAD and technical drawing, PowerPoint/PDF files of art from the text, and Edrawingsa new solid modeling technology that lets you view, rotate, and annotate solid models without any special software.
- New four-color signature of key drawing techniques/illustrations
- Content Updates throughout including many new Graphics Spotlight features on topics such as idea generation, internet drawing communication, and using graphics to design surfboards.
- New Drawings problems at the end of many chapters and new screen captures throughout the book.
- All art completely rechecked for accuracy.
Table of Contents
1. The Graphic Language and Design.
2. Introduction to CAD.
3. Instrumental Drawing, Freehand Sketching, and Lettering Techniques.
4. Geometric Constructions.
5. Sketching and Shape Description.
6. Multiview Projection.
7. Sectional Views.
8. Auxiliary Views.
10. Manufacturing Design and Processes.
13. Threads, Fasteners, and Springs.
14. Design and Working Drawings.
15. Reproduction and Control of Drawings.
16. Axonometric Projection.
17. Oblique Projection.
19. Points, Lines, and Planes.
20. Parallelism and Perpendicularity.
23. Line and Plane Tangencies.
24. Cartography, Geology, and Spherical Geometry.
25. Graphical Vector Analysis.