Lighting Fundamentals for Photographers: Learn by Video
- Your Price: $51.99
- List Price: $64.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 5-3/8" x 8-1/4"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-96912-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96912-5
Lighting is one of the most important creative components of any image. In this two-hour video, Joe Lavine and Brad Bartholomew–commercial photographers, instructors, and authors of Light Right: Learn How to Create Images, Set Up a Studio, and Launch a Photography Career–step into the studio to create a dynamic approach to learning about studio lighting. They start with basic photographic concepts and equipment needs, then discuss their philosophy of lighting, as they tackle the characteristics of light and how to approach building your shots.
With the basics covered, Lavine and Bartholomew encourage experimentation and practice rather than offering lighting "formulas." Providing distinct perspectives developed throughout their own careers, Lavine and Bartholomew provide the necessary background and technical knowledge to understand how light works, enabling the viewer to apply that knowledge to the needs of their subject and their photographic voice.
In this video you will learn about:
- The basics of lighting equipment: from studio packs and monoblocks to modifiers, booms, stands, and clamps
- How to get the right exposure, with discussions of metering, histograms, and DSLR cameras
- The characteristics of light, and how to create and control them: dimension, texture, separation, drama, and mood
- How to build a shot armed with all of this information: determining intent, understanding your subject, previsualizing the image, and carefully adding and subtracting light for what the image needs
- How to use light as an active component in your composition to most effectively direct the viewer's attention
- Color and experimentation, examining such topics and tools as gels, filters, and color temperature
Including over 90 minutes of video tutorials, this video course comes with review questions to help gauge your progress. The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows you to jump to any topic and also bookmark individual sections for later review. The popular “Watch and Work” mode shrinks the video into a small window to allow you to work alongside the instructors, practicing what you learn and reinforcing freshly gained knowledge.User Level:
Mac OS X 10.6, Microsoft Windows XP, or higher
GHz processor or higher
2 GB RAM or higher
1 GB Free HD Space (does not include lesson files)
Please note that this DVD can be viewed only on a computer. It will not work in DVD-Video player software or a DVD set-top player.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase