- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 376
- Edition: 1st
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-44130-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-44130-0
Need to take your Macromedia Dreamweaver skills to the next level? You don't have to be a programmer to build interactivity into your site. You just need Dreamweaver 8—Macromedia's powerful new Web design and development tool—access to a Web server and an application server, and a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 Advanced for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickPro Guide.
- Takes a visual, task-based approach to guiding you through advanced topics and applying what you learn
- Works like a reference book - you look up what you need and then get straight to work
- Concise, straightforward steps and explanations offer the fastest way to learn tasks and concepts
- Companion Web site includes sample files
This valuable reference picks up where the Visual QuickStart Guide
leaves off with advanced step-by-step tutorials on working with servers, setting up database connections, using SQL, and building dynamic pages—and that's just in the first half of the book! The book's second half includes clear, concise instructions on how to build dynamic forms and dynamic tables, create a search page for your site, and control access to your site with a user log-in and password.
You'll get real-world examples and detailed illustrations of how and when features should be put to use, including what's new in Dreamweaver 8: code-editing improvements such as the coding toolbar and code collapse, drag-and-drop integration of XML data, server-side transformations with XSLT, support for PHP 5 and ColdFusion MX 7, and more!