Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Robin Williams Web Design Workshop
- Your Price: $35.99
- List Price: $44.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Visual Impact!—The stunning layout and design of the book illustrates and underlines the concept of great design and clear communications.
- Through a wealth of inspirational, full-color examples of practical projects, students learn design-savvy concepts and get ideas to jump-start their projects.
- General Principles not Software-dependent—Students discover practical and effective Web design principles and concepts and how to apply them to virtually any Website.
- Grounded in principles of good Web design, students can then effectively communicate using any Web development applications.
- Industry-leading, Highly Popular Author, Illustrator and Designer—Robin Williams has written more than a dozen award-winning and best-selling books, including The Little Mac Book, The Non-Designer's Design Book, and The Non-Designer's Web Book. Through her writing, workshops, and seminars, Robin has influenced an entire generation of computer users in the areas of design, typography, desktop publishing, the Mac, and the Web. One of the best-known computer book authors in the world, her books have sold over a million copies and have been translated into more than a dozen languages worldwide. John Tollett is a designer, art director, and illustrator with over thirty years experience in the graphic design world. He is the co-author of several best-selling books, including The Non-Designer's Web Book and The Little iBook Book. Dave Rohr is an experienced Web designer who currently works with the award-winning Web design firm Panoramapoint (www.panoramapoint.com). Dave co-founded the Santa Fe Macintosh Users Group with Robin Williams and John Tollett in 1993.
- Industry-leading teachers, writers, and designers provide students with expert, professional instruction and advice.
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: 9 X 9
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-74867-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-74867-3
Robin Williams has taught millions what makes for good design and why, never forgetting that most of us don't speak jargon--and she does it all with a disarming sense of humor. Now Robin, with coauthors John Tollett and Dave Rohr, translates the principles of creative, effective design to the Web in Robin Williams Web Design Workshop.
Learn from these pros everything you need to know about Web design, including the ways that color, fonts, clip art, photographs, and layout can work together to create the visual impression you want. Robin doesn't just tell you about good Web design, she shows you, walking you through every step of the design process, from site planning and layout to navigation design and functionality--the book is illustrated with hundreds of full-color examples. Like Robin herself, Robin Williams Web Design Workshop strikes the perfect teaching balance, combining theory and real-world experience, all wrapped up in a colorful, engaging package.
Click below for the Author's Web Site relating to this book:
Virtual Last Chapter
Table of Contents
II. PLAN THAT SITE.
III. IDEA SOURCE.
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Foundations of Web Design: Introduction to HTML & CSS
- eBook (Watermarked) $22.39
- Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book
- Book $47.99