Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Thousands of designers, marketers, and product managers have come to rely on Susan Weinschenk’s original 100 Things Every Designer Needs To Know About People as a “go-to book” for practical advice on how to use the latest findings in psychology and neuroscience to directly inform and improve their designs, brands, and products. Research hasn’t stopped since the book was written, and new design challenges have emerged.
Weinschenk’s new book, 100 MORE Things Every Designer Needs To Know About People applies the latest research in psychology, neuroscience, brain research, and social psychology to the design of technology products, including websites, apps, wearables, and artificial intelligence. Weinschenk combines real science and research citations with practical examples to make her 100 MORE Things engaging, persuasive, easy to read, accessible, and useful. 100 MORE Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People is not just another “design guidelines” book because it explains the WHY behind the guidelines, providing concrete examples and prescriptions that can be easily and instantly applied.
1. Your Brain On Stories: How The Brain Reacts To Different Information And Media
2. Human Motivation: What Makes Us Take Action
3. How Our Technology Influences Our Social Relationships
4. Attachment To Devices: Factors That Influence If/How/When We Develop A Social Relationship With the Device Itself
5. The Neuroscience Of Thinking
6. Embodied Cognition: How New Research On Vision, Hearing, And Other Senses Interacts With Technology Design
7. Empathy, Emotions, And The Influence Of Feelings
8. Unconscious Mental Processing