PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
See the latest about COVID-19 shipping availability and video/Web Edition load errors. Learn more.
Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
• 2.5 hours of step-by-step video tutorials focused on key skills for creating eye-grabbing typographic elements for logos, layouts, and more
• Fast, focused, and practical coverage of creating unique, contemporary typographic solutions and letterforms for that communicate brilliantly
• Covers creative techniques for all stages, from initial brainstorming and sketching to development and fine-tuning
• Covers letterform customization, decorative character add-ons, word-graphic design, logotypes and custom typefaces, hand-drawn typographic components, and much more
• Shows how to make the most of both digital and analog tools
• Jim Krause is a best-selling author of over two dozen books on design and creativity
In just 2.5 hours of focused video tutorials, Advanced Lessons in Typography: Learn by Video helps graphic designers master the creation of a wide spectrum of brilliantly effective contemporary typographic solutions. Jim Krause covers creative techniques for all stages of typography design, from initial brainstorming and sketching to development and fine-tuning. He walks through projects including letterform customization, decorative character add-ons, word-graphic design, logotypes, custom typeface development, the creation of hand-drawn typographic components, and the aesthetic fine-tuning of text areas within layouts. Throughout, Krause demonstrates the use of appropriate tools, ranging from digital software and hardware to pencils, pens, brushes, ink, paint, sketch pads, and tracing paper. Krause's engaging and enlightening lessons draw on his immense experience instructing designers in more than two dozen books and video products. Whether you're a new or intermediate-level graphic designer, Advanced Lessons in Typography: Learn by Video will empower you to create unique, contemporary typographic solutions for logos, layouts, illustrations, and much more.
The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows you to jump to any topic and also bookmark individual sections for later review. The unique “Watch and Work” mode shrinks the video into a small window to allow you to work alongside as you view the video. Project files used in the lessons are included on the disc so you can practice what you’ve learned. At the end of every lesson, you can test your knowledge by taking interactive quizzes.
Duration: 2.5 hours
User Level: Beginning/Intermediate
Closed-Captioning in English
Mac OS X 10.6, Microsoft Windows XP, or higher
2 GHz processor or higher
4 GB RAM or higher
1 GB free HD space (does not include lesson files)
• This DVD-ROM can be viewed only on your computer. It will not play in a DVD-Video player software or a DVD set-top player.