Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Learn how educators are using Minecraft® as a powerful instructional tool to engage students and teach subjects as varied as math and humanities.
This book offers ten classroom projects from teachers using Minecraft® to teach math, science, languages, and more. Each project includes learning objectives, project organization and tasks, and ideas for reflection and assessments.
You’ll also find detailed instructions for setting up and running a Minecraft® server in the classroom, both the regular and the popular MinecraftEdu versions.
In this book, you’ll discover
2. What is Minecraft?
3. MinecraftEdu–Setup, advantages/disadvantages
4. Minecraft Vanilla–Setup, advantages/disadvantages
5. Minecraft Personal Edition–iPads/Android
6. Minecraft in Education - Why?
7. Minecraft and Teaching Humanities
8. Minecraft and Teaching Science
9. Minecraft and Teaching Math
10. Minecraft and Language Learning
11. Minecraft and Interdisciplinary Projects
12. Minecraft and Digital Citizenship
13. Minecraft and Homeschooling
14. Minecraft in Education–The Future