Shipping Multiple Packages
If you ship a lot of packages each day, it's worth your while to take advantage of PayPal's MultiOrder Shipping feature, which enables you to print up to 50 prepaid shipping labels in a single batch. MultiOrder Shipping is a lot faster than printing one label at a time, which makes it a real timesaver for larger merchants.
Before you use PayPal MultiOrder Shipping, you need to configure some of the tool's settings. To do this, log into your PayPal account and click the Merchant Services tab. On the next page, go to the Shipping & Tax section and click the Multi-Order Shipping link. Then click the Start Shipping button on the following page. The PayPal MultiOrder Shipping tool now opens in a new window; click Edit on the menu bar and select Settings. Fill in all the necessary information, and you're ready to start shipping.
For each batch you ship, you need to import your recent PayPal orders and assign a shipping preset to each order. Here's how it works:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- On the next page, go to the Shipping & Tax section and click the Multi-Order Shipping link.
- When the following page appears, click the Start Shipping button.
- The PayPal MultiOrder Shipping tool now opens in a new window. Click the Import button on the toolbar, and then select PayPal Orders (see Figure 3).
- Click OK when your orders are finished importing.
- If you have the Orders to Ship tab selected, you should now see all your imported orders. Highlight an order to view the details for that order on the right side of the window.
- Click one or more orders that will be using the same shipping preset. Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard to select multiple items.
- Pull down the Apply Preset list and select the shipping preset to apply. Information about the selected items is filled in automatically.
- Repeat steps 8[nd]9 to apply presets to other orders.
- To enter information about an order that doesn't fit any of your presets, manually select the appropriate Service Type, Package, Weight, and Dimension settings for that item.
- When you're done applying presets and entering information, click the Print button on the toolbar to begin the printing process.
- When the Print Preview tab is displayed, verify that everything is correct, and then click the Pay and Print button.
- PayPal contacts the U.S. Postal Service to obtain necessary information, and then it displays the standard Print dialog box. Select Print Labels; then click the OK button to initiate batch printing.
Figure 3 Shipping multiple packages with the MultiOrder Shipping tool.
At this point, PayPal prints your labels and charges your account for the shipping fees incurred. Labels are printed in alphabetical order by last name.