Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Accessible from your Account page after purchase. Requires the free QuickTime Player software.
Videos can be viewed on: Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista, 7, and all versions of Macintosh OS X including the iPad, and other platforms that support the industry standard h.264 video codec.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This preview has been compressed for content sampling purposes and is not representative of the high quality and larger screen size of the streaming video available for purchase.
This is a streaming video that will not download to your computer. After making your purchase online, you can log into your Peachpit account page to view the video anytime, anywhere with Internet access. Run time: 47 minutes.
MARTY NEUMEIER’S INNOVATION WORKSHOP
In this streaming video, brand guru Marty Neumeier presents concepts from his three bestselling “whiteboard” books—THE BRAND GAP, ZAG, and THE DESIGNFUL COMPANY—to give you the tools you’ll need to thrive in the new economy. Using memorable principles and simple exercises, he’ll lead you and your team on a lively journey from traditional business thinking to “designful” thinking. You’ll come back to these ideas again and again as you transform your company into a powerhouse of nonstop innovation.
What you’ll learn:
- Why the old business rules no longer apply
- How to beat the twin foes of speed and clutter
- The modern definition of “brand”
- How brands create barriers to competition
- Why “charismatic” brands are more valuable
- The three questions that can focus any company
- How to find and harness your “onliness”
- Why innovation depends on design thinking
- How “making” improves “knowing” and “doing”
- How everyone in the company can be a designer
- The modern definition of “design”
- Why you need to spend time in the “dragon gap”
- The qualities that make for good design
- How to move design up the ladder of leverage
- How design can solve “wicked problems”
- Why shareholder value starts with vision
- How to activate the “corporate drivetrain”
- How to use stories to shape company success
- How a “metateam” can begin to connect silos
- Why every company needs a CBO
- The 16 levers that can jumpstart innovation
What you'll get: